Re: [tlug] Bye to Suse, Hello to Kubuntu & Debian

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:19 AM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:

KDE 4.1 _is_ pretty disgusting as it comes out on the screen the first time.  Don't know if it helps, but there is a "Use classic menu" selection if he right clicks the "K Menu" icon.

Thanks!  I'll look into that.  .... but to tell you the truth.  Now that I've begun using KDE 4.1 for a while, I'm beginning to like certain aspects of it.

I still need to figure out how to get the virtual desktops back.  With older versions of KDE (on Suse & Kubuntu), one of the first things I always did after a new install, was to increase the standard two(!!) desktops to four or five, and to turn off the idiotic setting that keeps every application open visible in the taskbar (wait a minute... the strip at the bottom fo the screen... is "taskbar" the correct term for that?).  What's the point of virtual desktops if everything from everywhere is cluttering up the bottom of the screen?

Now, to convince 8.10 that Konqueror is not among my Favorites and never has been.

Probably the second thing I've done with Kubuntu is to immedately get Firefox installed!

Lyle