Re: [tlug] New VirtualBox: New Problems [REDUX]

Jim Tittsler wrote:

sudo mount -o ro /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom
cd /media/cdrom
sudo ./VBoxLinuxAdditions-x86.run
# restart the guest after adding the additions
sudo shutdown -r now

This worked immediately after input ... but the edits didn't make it past yesterday's kernel upgrade ... despite the installation of DKMS. When I ran the above commands again, the problem was corrected, but I noticed that the first thing the process did when instructed to install VBoxLinuxAdditions was to remove the DKMS-created files (by name) and replace them with new ones. Am I seeing evidence of a service that doesn't work and can be repaired, a service that needs to be removed, or something else -- like simply misinterpreting the output in Terminal?

--
CL