Re: [tlug] New VirtualBox: New Problems

On 2008-11-23 11:11, CL wrote:
> Jim Tittsler wrote:
>> Did you redo the 'sudo VBoxLinuxAdditions-*.sh' step after the update?
>
> No.  I thought that by setting my CD/DVD to the VBoxAdditions.iso in the
> setup menu and pressing the large friendly "Install Additions" button in
> the pull-down menu under Devices, I would be able to avoid that.

I thought that menu item just made sure the ISO was available and
connected to the virtual /dev/cdrom rather than actually running the
command to build/install the modules... but I'm not certain.

> However, now that I have typed in the above command, I see a "file not
> found" result on my terminal screen ... but, I know it is in the
> installed file base in the XP Host.  Oh, and the "Seamless mode" option
> is also grayed out.

It certainly sounds like the additions are not running.
('/etc/init.d/vboxadd status' should tell you.)

Sorry, the file has a .run extension not .sh.

sudo mount -o ro /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom
cd /media/cdrom
sudo ./VBoxLinuxAdditions-x86.run
# restart the guest after adding the additions
sudo shutdown -r now

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnNZ.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/