Re: [tlug] New VirtualBox: New Problems

Jim Tittsler wrote:
On 2008-11-22 02:14, CL wrote:
Prior to this, under VirtualBox 1.5.5 (which was the version available
in August, 2008) Host + F would bring the Kubuntu screen to full screen
and Host + A would expand the image to full screen size.
[...]
The update was automatic and appeared to go without a hitch.  However,
now Kubuntu boots at about 70% of screen size and remains there.  Host +
G is grayed out and Host + A seems to do nothing.  Host + F gives me a
full screen, but the Kubuntu image remains at about 70% instead of
expanding to the edges of the screen.

Did you redo the 'sudo VBoxLinuxAdditions-*.sh' step after the update?

No. I thought that by setting my CD/DVD to the VBoxAdditions.iso in the setup menu and pressing the large friendly "Install Additions" button in the pull-down menu under Devices, I would be able to avoid that.

However, now that I have typed in the above command, I see a "file not found" result on my terminal screen ... but, I know it is in the installed file base in the XP Host. Oh, and the "Seamless mode" option is also grayed out.

I hate screwing up stuff that is working fine by upgrading it.

My Kubuntu 8.04 (with KDE4) installation will still go to full screen
mode on my OS X host.

Thanks for the advice. Any thoughts on where to go from here ?

--
CL