Re: [tlug] X11 Session Manager Setup

On 2008-10-31 12:00 +0900 (Fri), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> xterm...is the flagship example of x.org.

Oh dear. :-/

Anyway, even if xterm does save state, it occurs to me that, really, I
need /bin/sh and vim and probably a few other things also to do this.
I'm guessing that "switch user" worked for me because it somehow left
everything running, and all that stuff wouldn't have survived a reboot.

So it seems to me now that, a) the session manager is really not
providing much functionality at all, and b) I should just give up on
this idea of having multiple sessions and so on and so forth. Fair
enough; I can live without it.

cjs