Re: [tlug] Re: Somewhat OT- open source software for US voting machines

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:58 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Sure.  However, in the case of the U.S., if the result really does
> turn on a half-dozen votes, I'd be willing to bet that which voters
> still are nursing hangovers from last Saturday are more important in
> determining the outcome than busted voting machines.  I would say
> we're into the level of accuracy where voter psychological noise is
> way more important than voter failure to register their preference of
> the moment.

That's most likely.  The polls are statistically tied
at the moment.  In 2000, Algore had a double
digit lead at this time.

So would you consider serving particularly strong
beer the weekend before the election to either
targeted Republicans/Democrats to be "cheating"?

-sb