Re: [tlug] Somewhat OT- open source software for US voting machines

Dave M G wrote:
> Sorry if I've missed a beat or this has been proposed before, but it
> seems to me a lot of the electronic voting system debate is centred on
> the merits of one versus the other. Shouldn't they be combined.
>
> I've always thought this is the best approach:
<chopped.>

Yes that is the sort of approach I would advocate, Bruce Schneier[1]
advocated, the ACT electoral commission implemented[2].

Edward

1. http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0404.html#4
2. http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2003/11/61045