Re: [tlug] how to determine which drive failed in software raid 5 (solved)

Hi again TLUG,

Francois was kind enough to suggest I try sdparm- unfortunately it
doesn't display the serial of SATA drives apparently. I googled around a
bit more and found out that smart data usually contains the serial #, so
to get the s/n I did this:

 smartctl -a /dev/sdd

and it worked like a charm. Now I've just gotta shut down the system and
find the disk with the matching serial.

Cheers,
Scott VanDusen
Tokyo