Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] MySQL behaving strangely
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:13:44 +0900
- From: Dave M G <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] MySQL behaving strangely
- References: <48CF9C78.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <48D0EF58.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20080724)
Thanks for responding.Seems you've messed things between old and new packages.
Before anything else, we'd like to hear about your /var/log/mysql .
Hmm... the thing is that this is a completely fresh install of MySQL. Fresh, as is the whole OS and LAMP server were just installed about two days ago, with nothing done to it except to edit the my.cnf file.
I'm not totally discounting the possibility that somehow, maybe even with my attempt to uninstall it, I put on two copies. Weird things do happen. But it just seems from the sequence of events that it strikes me as kind of unlikely.
So I'm just wondering if there's any other possible causes that might have this effect. Is it possible, say, that MySQL is running in some kind of broken state, so that it can't properly be shut down, and so it can't be removed?
-- Dave M G
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Long threads [was: [tlug] Hard Drive Failure (Was: Help! Total hardware failure)]
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] MySQL behaving strangely
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] MySQL behaving strangely
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] MySQL behaving strangely
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links