Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] MySQL behaving strangely
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:46:00 +0900
- From: Dave M G <email@example.com>
- Subject: [tlug] MySQL behaving strangely
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (X11/20080724)
I'm going through the post-hard-drive-crash process of reinstalling everything, and MySQL is acting very strange.
I installed it as I always have done, but using Ubuntu's Synaptic Package Manager to install all the default packages for a LAMP server. Every time before I've done this it has worked like a dream.
It seemed to work when I first installed it yesterday, but today, when trying to access phpMyAdmin, I got this error:
#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)
I figured I'd give MySQL a bit of a kick just to see if that would help:
firstname.lastname@example.org:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/mysqld restart
But it gave me this new and unusual response:
sudo: /etc/init.d/mysqld: command not found
Huh. Weird. But I thought it was running, so I ran:
email@example.com:~$ ps aux | grep mysql
And it said back to me:
root 11171 0.0 0.0 1772 532 ? S 20:36 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe
mysql 11290 0.1 0.7 126708 15424 ? Sl 20:36 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid --skip-external-locking --port=3306 --socket=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
root 11291 0.0 0.0 2920 736 ? S 20:36 0:00 logger -p daemon.err -t mysqld_safe -i -t mysqld
dave 11309 0.0 0.0 3004 764 pts/0 R+ 20:37 0:00 grep mysql
I'm obviously no expert (closer to babe-in-the-woods in the grand scheme of things), but it looks like MySQL is running in some kind of safe mode or something?
I tried rebooting, which is how people who are clueless like me pretend problems can be solved, and it still came up the same, indicating that this safe mode seems to be locked in.
Any ideas why it is doing this, and how to get MySQL happy again?
-- Dave M G
- Re: [tlug] MySQL behaving strangely
- From: Francois Cartegnie
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Hey, I'm all about the RAID now (Was: Setting up a RAID 1 with Ubuntu)
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] MySQL behaving strangely
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Truetype fonts and japanese vertical text (was: Re: [BUG] libass: Japanese font with '@'-Prefix rendered wrong])
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] MySQL behaving strangely
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links