Re: [tlug] Large project Agile development

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
Unfortunately, this is no way qualifies as a "large system" in the sense
I agree. 100KLOC and 20 man-year is an average-sized project,
 not a big project.

Along that line of thought, I'd estimate that Haskell runs about
5-20% the linecount of Java for equivalant functionality.
 I will not look at LOC to judge a language is better than the others.
C is verbose while it runs a little faster if well crafted.
I have no idea about Haskell but if you mean by generic programming,
Haskell saves 5-20% LOC then I have to agree. Such code will be compact
but harder to maintain.

Agg is an example of using C++ template: compact, short, fast and
almost no comment in the code. It saves about 40% LOC in comparison to cairo
when doing the same task.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu ( Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )