Re: [tlug] FTTH ISP recommendation

On 2008-08-06 09:15 +0900 (Wed), Edward Middleton wrote:

> Do you have an ADSL connection?

No. I have VDSL to the MDF (Main Distribution Frame--the telephone
cabinet on the ground floor of the building where the telco demarcation
point is), and it's fibre from there. (This is known as "Mansion
fibre.")

This VDSL is rather different from ADSL; it is the same speed in both
directions, runs over much, much shorter distances, and should generally
do 100 Mbps or something close to it.

As I said, I saw the tests that the telco guy was doing during the
install, and he was getting 70-80 Mbps to something on the other side of
that modem.

I wonder if whatever is multiplexing the VDSL connections over the
mansion fibre is the problem here.

cjs