Re: [tlug] Finding unrestricted internet access in Tokyo

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:10 PM, jep200404 <jep200404@example.com> wrote:
> Alan Busby wrote:
>
>> ... my ability
>> to both download from and contribute in BitTorrents is severely
>> restricted (3kbps down, 5kpbs up).
>
> How many folks are simultaneously downloading?

Usually 20-40.

> How long do they stay on-line after finishing a download?

Another 3-24 hours usually.

> What's your ratio of seeders to leachers?

Max number of seeders is usually 4 at best.

>> Any one have any advice or information?
>
> Consider putting up a web or FTP server.

Which would work fine except then I'd have 20-40 people all hitting my
one connection in Japan, and it would take *much* longer to serve
everything up to everyone.

The advantage of bit torrent up until this point was that while a few
people with fast connections were leaching content they'd also be
providing that content to the other leachers. So I could distribute
the data to a larger group, while minimizing the bandwidth used on my
end.