[tlug] Finding unrestricted internet access in Tokyo

Hi All,

I recently moved to a new apartment in Tokyo, where J:Com is the only
internet provider available apparently, and have found that my ability
to both download from and contribute in BitTorrents is severely
restricted (3kbps down, 5kpbs up). After doing some poking around
online I found this page,
http://isp.oshietekun.net/index.php?FrontPage , which listed Japanese
ISP and their "P2P" practices.

I was curious if anyone else has run into this, and what can be done
to circumvent it? I did a little reading online regarding encrypted
torrents and such, but I think it's kind of ridiculous that the ISPs
are restricting certain kinds of traffic simply because it's the best
way to distribute files to a large group of people. I'd be happy to
change internet providers at this point, but that doesn't appear to be
an option where I live (suginami-ku).

Any one have any advice or information?

FYI,
I use BitTorrent heavily for providing *large* collections of high
quality pictures and video(usually wedding related, 3-12GB range) to
friends/family.

Thank you,
   Alan Busby