Re: [tlug] Embedded linux dev wanting to find work in Tokyo.. Seeking advice.

Dave Brown wrote:
I switched from a visitor permit to an engineer visa without leaving the
country. Heck, they even put a stamp on my passport saying SHINSEICHUU
and told me not to leave the country while the application was being
processed even if the visitor permit expired.

This was the same when I got a working visa extension. At the Tokyo emigration office I was told this is not the case if you apply for permanent residence. You actually have to have a valid visa while they are processing your application.

Edward