Re: [tlug] Recommendations for IM client

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 7:55 AM, David J Iannucci
<jlinux@example.com> wrote:
>> Did you look at kopete? Not sure about the avatar details (not my top
>> priority) but seems to work the way you want, and works with all
>> protocols (all I need anyway).
>
> So... I tried kopete today, and it seems to work fine, but... No avatars
> at all! (at least I don't see those of my "buddies"). All I see are some
> ugly "heads".  The only control I can find that would seem relevant to

Just a shot in the dark: perhaps you are missing some system-wide
libraries required for these (both for pidgin and kopete). I don't
have it installed but maybe you can use ldd to see what it depends on.
Doing an aptitude search on my Debian system also brings up

p   pidgin-themes                                  - Smiley themes
collection for pidgin

which is a separate package. Does that help?

Cheers,Gernot