Re: [tlug] Recommendations for IM client

> Did you look at kopete? Not sure about the avatar details (not my top
> priority) but seems to work the way you want, and works with all
> protocols (all I need anyway).

So... I tried kopete today, and it seems to work fine, but... No avatars
at all! (at least I don't see those of my "buddies"). All I see are some
ugly "heads".  The only control I can find that would seem relevant to
this is Appearance > Contact List > Use contact photos when available.
It's not clear whether "photo" means the same thing as avatar/buddy
icon.  And even though this is turned on, it shows none, even the ones
pidgin does show.

Any ideas? :-)

Dave