[tlug] Skype 2.x video calling in Linux

Anyone successfully using Skype 2.x for video calls on Linux? I have
an old IBM webcam (using the ibmcam kernel driver), from which gqcam
can successfully grab video. However, when I start video on Skype, I
get:

: jmglov@example.com; skype
Skype V4L: Failed to set picture size (320x240)
Skype V4L: Failed to set picture size (324x248)
Skype V4L: Failed to set picture size (352x288)
Skype V4L: Failed to set picture size (160x120)
Skype V4L: Failed to set picture size (176x144)
Skype V4L: Failed to set picture size (640x480)
Skype V4L: Failed to set picture size (1024x576)
Skype V4L: Failed to find suitable capture size for 320x240
Skype V4L: Could not find a suitable capture format
Starting the process...
Skype Xv: Xv ports available: 1
Skype XShm: XShm support enabled
Skype Xv: Using Xv port 73
Segmentation fault

I am sure I can find the solution to this issue on the 'tubes (I know
almost nothing about V4L, which I suspect is the problem), but my IBM
cam is pretty crappy, so I'd like to just buy a
Skype-on-Linux-compatible, modern webcam. Can anyone report success
with a USB 2.0 webcam? For extra points, tell me where to buy it. :)

--
Cheers,
Josh