Re: [tlug] Skype 2.x video calling in Linux

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
Anyone successfully using Skype 2.x for video calls on Linux?
Can anyone report success
with a USB 2.0 webcam? For extra points, tell me where to buy it. :)

I have been using it for a while now (with my Dad running it on an EEE PC w/ Xandros on his end). It has worked great, so far. I am using an older Quickcam pro 4000 which I believe is USB 2.0 but probably not being sold at any stores. However, I recommend a Logitech model under the PWC driver. I would just be careful to check the PWC site for which models are not currently supported (http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/). Then I would check for the cheapest compatible model on www.kakaku.com.

Cheers,
Ivan