Re: [tlug] ???one(hikari one) with custom router [SOLVED]

Thanks for the heads up on that one.
I just setup my openwrt router (Linksys WRT54GS for the record) to get it's ip through DHCP discovery whilst spoofing it's mac address to be equivalent to the Home Gateway one and I was rewarded by the ONU granting me a DHCP lease.
Thanks a lot you saved me a lot of time sniffing packets between the Home Gateway and the ONU.
Now I just need to order my alix board[1] and install pfsense on it because the WRT54GS is clearly underclocked to get all the speed out of KDDI's hikari one. Hopefully 500 MhZ AMD geode should do the trick.

Regards,

Quentin Arnaud

[1] https://www.ytw.co.jp/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=38&products_id=78

Actually the problem is not completely solved, it seem I can get one DHCP lease by plugging in the "homegateway" then plugging in my router instead of the homegateway (with spoofed mac address) . But It is never renewed, I need to replug the Home Gateway in to be able to renew my lease.

Seems like very weird behavior, It seems KDDI really does not want you to use a custom router.

Regards,

Quentin Arnaud