Re: [tlug] ひかりone(hikari one) with custom router

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Quentin Arnaud <quentin.arnaud@example.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently changed my ISP to hikari one. I would like to connect my pfsense router to the ONU,instead of the "home gateway" that au provided (it is a NEC Aterm BL170HV by the way). The only problem is I do not know what protocol auone uses to provide an ip to the wan of the "home gateway".
>
> Does anyone know if they use PPPOE (if so how does one get to know his login/password) or static ip or DHCP (maybe MAC bound) ?
I don't use Hikari One but a search shown that it is DHCP and MAC
based, you can get "static" IP if you contact them[1]

Btw, NEC Aterm * is the perfect router to my experience, your speed
can get  as fast as 70M with it.
And it goes almost 24x7 without downtime.

[1] http://www.atmarkit.co.jp/bbs/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=35845&forum=11&start=8

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu ( Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )