Re: [tlug] ひかりone(hikari one) with custom router [SOLVED]

On Jun 9, 2008, at 11:21 AM, Hung Nguyen Vu wrote:

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Quentin Arnaud <quentin.arnaud@example.com > wrote:

Hi,

I recently changed my ISP to hikari one. I would like to connect my pfsense router to the ONU,instead of the "home gateway" that au provided (it is a NEC Aterm BL170HV by the way). The only problem is I do not know what protocol auone uses to provide an ip to the wan of the "home gateway".

Does anyone know if they use PPPOE (if so how does one get to know his login/password) or static ip or DHCP (maybe MAC bound) ?
I don't use Hikari One but a search shown that it is DHCP and MAC
based, you can get "static" IP if you contact them[1]

Btw, NEC Aterm * is the perfect router to my experience, your speed
can get  as fast as 70M with it.
And it goes almost 24x7 without downtime.

[1] http://www.atmarkit.co.jp/bbs/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=35845&forum=11&start=8

Thanks for the heads up on that one.
I just setup my openwrt router (Linksys WRT54GS for the record) to get it's ip through DHCP discovery whilst spoofing it's mac address to be equivalent to the Home Gateway one and I was rewarded by the ONU granting me a DHCP lease.
Thanks a lot you saved me a lot of time sniffing packets between the Home Gateway and the ONU.
Now I just need to order my alix board[1] and install pfsense on it because the WRT54GS is clearly underclocked to get all the speed out of KDDI's hikari one. Hopefully 500 MhZ AMD geode should do the trick.

Regards,

Quentin Arnaud

[1] https://www.ytw.co.jp/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=38&products_id=78