Re: [tlug] State of "Linux" documentation [was: Books]

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Scott Robbins writes:
> I wonder sometimes if all of us are a bit schizophrenic (more hyperbole,
> of course) in that we don't want it dumbed down, but we do want to get a
> greater user base.

No, it's not schizoid. There's a third way, which is to keep the
information accessible through a generic schema (which could be an XML
database or a .ini file for all I care), and compete to provide
appropriately simplified and/or flexible (as the user desires) UIs to
retrieve and modify records via that schema.

Is this a Graham Greene reference? that might be appropriate if you are talking about something like windows registry ;)

My impression is that you would be better to create a domain model capable of describing the OS in terms a users can understand and have that translated into configuration for the system. User GUI tools and console applications could modify objects in a shared domain model. But then we are both talking in abstract terms so we may be talking about the same sort of thing.

Edward