Re: [tlug] Geeks and Hackers, Uncle Sam's Cyber Force Wants You!

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:32 PM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> 2008/6/9 Jedidiah Israel <jedidiah.israel@example.com>:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 7:29 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Cyberwar is too big for an individual.  No FUD here.
>>
>> Not that I do not respect you, but I`ll agree to disagree on these issues.
>
> Have you heard of Bruce Schneier? Have you read any of his countless
> writings on security? If not, I encourage you to give "Beyond Fear"[1]
> a read before accusing Bruce of FUDding.

I'd like to note that I am a big fan of Bruce Schneier's columns and
articles, but that a lot of my friends who are in business, and have
ties to the security industry, think that what he says is not worth
the paper it could be printed on. In other words, there are lots of
folks with influence who do not agree with him for one reason or
another (even, gasp, ignorance perhaps!), so I would not castigate the
gentleman for his views in that regard. I agree, reading "Beyond Fear"
should be a must-read for anyone with a computer!

Just my 2 JPY,
Gernot