Re: [tlug] iptables

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com> wrote:

> This is a good question, I had the same thinking... But I would expect
> that iptables
> should work whatever the interfaces are up or not... This would be a
> huge security
> issue if everything needs to be up...

Okay, I`ll assume you are using Debian or a Debian-derivative.

If so, then review interfaces(5). Also, review your
/etc/network/interfaces file and evaluate whether the pre-up entry
therein is correct. If you are using Debian, then you could `zless
/usr/share/doc/ifupdown/examples/network-interfaces.gz` for an example
to how it might be done.

 In the interface file you might need define the interface the script
is to use, for example:
 pre-up iptables-restore $IFACE

Regards, Jed