Re: [tlug] iptables

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 2:01 AM, Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com> wrote:

> What I would do is to have these rules enabled by default at boot.
> I tried to add "pre-up iptables-restore < /etc/iptables.rules" in
> /etc/network/interfaces,
> but it does not work at all (I tried on both interfaces, eth & wifi)
>
> But when I start the script by hand, everything is fine... Magic, isn'it?
> Nothing special in /var/log/messages or syslog...

Firstly,  are your network interfaces initialised before iptables is called?

I am a bit in the dark when it comes to your configuration.
- What script is being called from /etc/init.d (or /etc/rcX.d/) that
calls iptables?
- What user and group own this script?
- What are the permissions and ownership of this script.
Please provide a copy of the startup script for reviewing.

HTH, Jed