[tlug] Re: Configuring video and audio in Debian 4

Charles Muller wrote:

> To set up audio on a new install, I usually do
>
> # apt-get install alsa-utils
>
> and then
>
> # alsaconf

I think that the alsa package was installed when I did the system
installation.  I ran "alsaconf" and it appeared to be successful.  It
detected my built-in sound and my Sound Blaster card.  I chose the
sound blaster and the configuration seemed to work fine.  Was even
able to see the card in the mixer and adjust the volume.  Nevertheless
no sound.  I'm  stumped.

Giving the video a shot here soon.

Thanks for the help,

Brian the n00b.