Re: [tlug] Re: Configuring video and audio in Debian 4

On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 12:59 +0900, Brian Hughes wrote:

>  I chose the
> sound blaster and the configuration seemed to work fine.  Was even
> able to see the card in the mixer and adjust the volume.  Nevertheless
> no sound.  I'm  stumped.

What app were you using to test the sound? I'd try a couple different
ones, xmms, mplayer (or gmplayer if you want the gui), check the default
sound output in those apps is using alsa as the driver. And of course
make sure you try different physical outputs from your hardware just to
insure you've selected the right out (I've messed those up before). Also
in alsamixer make sure the (M) isn't showing up at the bottom, IIRC
sometimes they default to muted, so you have to press M to unmute that
specific channel.

Ganbatte!
Scott in Tokyo