[tlug] Re: SOLVED - A different Kubuntu 8.04: firefox 3 beta 5 and 2.0.014 disaster

CL wrote:

So, it appears that I am specifying the correct executable ... or am I? What else what I might need to change to get Thunderbird to call 2.0.0.14 and NOT v.3 beta 5?

I finally just uninstalled v.3 beta 5 and reinstalled all of the broken add-ons and my preferred theme. Now, when I click on a link in Thunderbird, I get Firefox 2.0.0.14. It ain't elegant. There is probably a way to keep both Firefox versions and get the result I want. This solution works the way I intended.

The song says two outa' three ain't bad; but I'll take the one.

--
CL