Re: [tlug] Bill Gates and the GPL , let the flames begin

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:56:16 -0700
"SL Baur" <steve@example.com> wrote:

> > I have pretty much decided that code that I create on my own will be
> > licensed under the BSD license or similar.  Perhaps dual licensing.
>
> Yeah.  I feel kind of lost right now.  GPL v2 is cool, BSD is cool, GPL v3 seems
> more driven out of spite than anything else.

I usualy decide on the basis whether i care whether
some company uses the code without being forced
to give something back:

Yes, i care: GPLv2 (w/o update clause)
No, i don't care: BSD (2 or 3 clause)

Anything else just leads to the problems you mentioned.

			Attila Kinali
--
The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to