Re: [tlug] The Great Mistake is thinking OOo is different [was: Why Vista Sucks]

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:14:29 +0900
"Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> 2008/4/23 SL Baur <steve@example.com>:
>
> > On 4/22/08, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> >
> >  > 2008/4/22 SL Baur <steve@example.com>:
> >  >
> >  >  >  Like Mr. Scott in the "Save the whales!" Star Trek Movie?
> >  >
> >  > "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home", I think you mean.
> >
> >  I think that's the right title.  It's the one where an incoming
> >  menaces Earth of the future because the seas don't have
> >  any whales any more and they take the Enterprise into the
> >  past, land in Golden Gate Park to kidnap a pair of breeding
> >  whales to relocate into the future.
>
> Ah, I guess we're thinking of two different Star Trek movies where a
> probe menaces the Earth of the future and the Enterprise is destroyed,
> so Kirk and gang steal a Klingon Bird of Prey and slingshot around the
> sun into the past, land in Golden Gate Park, and hijinks ensue. ;)

Actually, they have stolen the Bird of Prey in the movie before
("The Search of Spock"). On their return to earth they get
a "distress" signal from earth that they are attacked by an
unkown alien force which is about to destroy the whole world
with it's over-powerfull signal. They ignore the order not
to come near earth, analyse the space probe (of course,
Spock figures out what the "signal" means), slingshot into the
past and ....

		Attila "Treky in disguise" Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred