Re: [tlug] The Great Mistake is thinking OOo is different [was: Why Vista Sucks]

2008/4/22 SL Baur <steve@example.com>:

>  Like Mr. Scott in the "Save the whales!" Star Trek Movie?

"Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home", I think you mean.

>  He first tries to use
>  voice commands, then gets handed a mouse and speaks into it like a micro
>  phone "Computer?  Computer?"  "No, no, no, here use this" (hands Mr.
>  Scott the keyboard with disgust).  "Oh!  How quaint!"

Here's the whole section:

[faced with a 20th century computer]
Scotty: Computer. Computer?
[Bones hands him a mouse and he speaks into it]
Scotty: Hello, computer.
Dr. Nichols: Just use the keyboard.
Scotty: Keyboard. How quaint.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0092007/quotes

>  -sb  (May James Doohan rest in peace, he portrayed a true hero for the likes
>  of us)

I agree whole-heartedly.

--
Cheers,