Re: [tlug] Kana-Problems

Niels Kobschaetzki writes:

 > Well, I can only speak for OS X because that's the system I'm using
 > mainly for the last years.

OS X updates from Apple are on basically the same schedule as Debian
stable.  OS X 10.x is supported by Apple until 10.x+2 is released.
But third party stuff is like 10.x is supported until 10.x+1.1 is
released.  If you're doing that kind of thing, hey, yes you can do
blind updates.  But you can't do the newest software an hardware.

And that's not what any reasonable Linux dev distro will give you.
You can get Debian stable and only do security updates.

 > Those never broke anything in my case and when I was an admin in that
 > area it rarely broker other computers.

Agreed.  But Fink used to break me all the time, and MacPorts still
does.  You're comparing apples to oranges.  Compare MacPorts to your
Linux distro.