Re: [tlug] Functional Programming Group Meeting

On Saturday 19 April 2008 02:28, Curt Sampson wrote:
>The one syntax (or lack therof :-)) that has always and probably will
>always work for me is LISP. It's amazing to look back and realize
> that, as it were, "everything I needed to know I learned in the 50s."
> (Ok, I'm romanticising; it wasn't until Scheme came out that we
> actually merged the namespaces for variables and functions.)

What LISP and Scheme interpreters are the best to use? I learned Scheme
in college courses 10 years ago and it is still my favorite language
even though i don't use it much today. Every once in awhile i consider
writing small programs in it to develop a better familiarity with it
and functional programming, but the first question that comes to mind
is always which interpreter to use, as there are several.