[tlug] sending DTMF tones

Hi,

I've been playing around for a while now and still couldn't come up with
a working solution to send DTMF tones with a modem.
What I need to achieve is to dial a given number, then send DTMF tones
after the remote end has answered the call.
The following is the command sequence I use:

# init
AT H0 Z S7=45 S0=0 Q0 L0 V1 E0 X4
# off hook
ATH1
# dial
ATDT180012345@;
# send DTMF tones
ATDT2;
ATDT4;

The problem is that after the call is answered and the first DTMF tone is
sent out, I get a hangup.

I've googled, found voice extensions to do DTMF tones (AT+VTS), but this
is not supported by my modem.

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks