Re: [tlug] NEWBIE: My Way and NOT Their Way?

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:17 AM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
>  The first thing I'd have to learn is whether the name is "Gen-too,"
> "Jen-too," or "Zhahn-too."  I feel better about being completely ignorant if
> I can at least properly say the name of the thing I am ignorant of.

I spoke with a certain Argentinian about this the other day. He
assures me that the Gentoo penguin is Argentinian and the correct
pronunciation is with a hard "g" like the one found in "get". I'm not
sure if you have to put on an Argentinian accent to truly pull it off
though...

Regards, Keith