Re: [tlug] NEWBIE: My Way and NOT Their Way?

Josh Glover wrote:
On 15/04/2008, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
This RTFM stuff isn't always the way to get the fastest results.

It is if you take the longer view: learning to help yourself means you
can help yourself. ;)

Actually, I was thankful that Gernot's reply confirmed that I not only RTFM'ed but the result was the expected one. Tiny steps for tiny minds, and all that.

Also, RTFM is often faster when the pipe to your guru is email, a
relatively high-latency technology.

Step One: Obtain guru ...

This seems like a pretty tough crowd.
How so? I count three replies to your question thus far. This
debugging with an email shell stuff is hard, you know.

Smartass reply. There is a far lower ratio of knowledge to asshole attitude, for which I, for one, am grateful.

I don't know apt from my, er... ear, or I would try to help. Switch to
Gentoo and I promise to answer all of your questions, unless I don't
feel like it. ;)
I have enough Gallic angst in my life so I stay away from Gentoo. It's better for both of us that way. Given the number of ways I have found to break Debian-based distros, I've thought it better to concentrate on getting those right before moving on to new horizons and wrecking them.

--
CL