Re: [tlug] NEWBIE: My Way and NOT Their Way?

Wayne wrote:
You could download the official Firefox tarball, extract it to say:

/opt/firefox

then as root run:

ln -s /opt/firefox/firefox /usr/bin

Then create an Entry for Firefox in your menu.... But I'm just a noob :)
Pretty much what I did, except I have yet to figure out why or how the IceXX twins manage to have convinced Debian that they are the other name for Firefox and Thunderbird. It's like there are tiny pirates in my PC that board and attack my true Firefox / true Thunderbird installs as soon as I start them up the first time. I /think/ I have the solution but won't know until I try once more.

--
CL