Re: [tlug] Linux user "new" in Tokyo

Josh Glover wrote:
On 07/04/2008, Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com> wrote:

He is waiting for you to get the Gentoo port going. Come on, your being
beaten by debian derivative[1] ;)

Yeah, I *really* need to find out what's up with the prefixed Portage
package. That is one of the only things that is keeping me off
OpenSolaris or NetBSD (the other things potentially being drivers).

My understanding is that the project has been abandoned, and that it never got past the stage of being an addon to an existing OpenSolaris install. Nexenta seems to be a fully installable distribution with all the OpenSolaris kernel goodness and Ubuntu user land. Having not been very impressed with the standard OpenSolaris 10 distribution Nexenta will probably be my next OpenSolaris based OS.

Edward