Re: [tlug] help recovering headless linux box

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:06:44 +0100
"Fergal Daly" <fergal@example.com> wrote:

> > I would! One of the best ways to learn colloquial Japanese
> >  if you are not in Japan.
> >  Actually, i'm trying to find a solution to watch
> >  Japanese TV for quite some time, but i'm unable to find anything.
> >  Not even paid services :-(
> >
> >  If anyone knows something, please let me know.
>
> NHK is carried unencrypted on some satellites I think. As far as I
> know it makes it as far west as France but I can't remember. There are
> also some satellites that carry it as a pay service.

The problem with using satelite is that i'd need a TV and that would
get expensive. Not because a TV+satelite set is expensive but rather
because of the taxes i'd have to pay. And even more because these
taxes go to people whos program i don't watch... don't want to watch.

So, i'd prefere an internet based solution.

> I think you can
> also find sites which make tv available for download and/or bittorrent
> but I have no idea of the legality of these. Finally, my wife has been
> using youtube to watch kids TV with our daughter.

Yes, youtube might be an alternative, but it contains only
a very small selection of the tv program.

> Your nearest Japanese embassy's cultural dept might be a good place to
> ask. There's a good chance some of its staff have already solved this
> problem,

Didn't get much help from there last time. Maybe i have to ask again.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred