Re: [tlug] Abiword and Japanese

Niels Kobschaetzki writes:

 > Btw. did emacs ever had an usability-evaluation?

I doubt Emacs ever did, that reported back to the project.  There are
people on the emacs-devel list who claim to be HCI experts.

My understanding is that XEmacs has had three, although I don't know
the content: one at Lucid, one at Sun, and a final one that resulted
in Infodock.

Steve Baur would probably know better though; that era is history to
me, but living memory to him.

BTW, I had a chance to talk to Mark Shuttleworth at Bay Area LUG last
night, and the first thing he said to me was, "Do you think that a
dCVS like bzr would have made a difference to code sharing after the
Emacs-XEmacs split?"

Interesting POV ....