Re: [tlug] [OT] Buying concert tickets

On Sunday 23 March 2008 18:00, Josh Glover wrote:
>But even if this is the case, Tobias, don't despair. I'd like to
>introduce a custom imported from the Irish Linux Users Group
>(ILUG--http://linux.ie/), called the Pint of the Day, or PotD.

The Central Iowa Linux User's Group (CIALUG, http://www.cialug.org/) has
something very similar called either SIGBAP or SIGBAF (Special Interest
Group Beer|Beverage And Pizza|Food). The rules are that a member post
to the list the time and location of a restaurant or bar to meet at.
Such meetings are always very informal and are often called on short
notice; sometimes the announcement is posted less than an hour before
the meeting time.