Re: [tlug] Gnome vs. KDE? BSD vs. Linux?

I wanted to try first how usable Gnome or KDE is before I use XFce.
But with those too, I would be interested if there are any perceptible
differences for the end-user. I know that KDE shows me all options
while Gnome hides a lot of stuff for trying to be user-friendly. But
is there anything else?

You might want to have a look at this:

http://people.freebsd.org/~adamw/gnome_kde_deps/

Generally I find Gnome very easy to use, but when it comes to power usage KDE is miles ahead, also I like KDE applications like Digikam and Amarok and haven't found their equivalent elsewhere.

Regards,
Birkir