Re: [tlug] Eee PC Japan

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 03:52:52PM -0700, steven smith wrote:
> david.blomberg wrote:
> >I bought one it runs well with Ubuntu.

> I've heard boot-up time is long compared to the Xandros version unless you
> build a custom kernal.  Is this true and did you make a custom kernal?
>
> Thanks
> Steve S.

It seems as if many distros have some bold soul making it work, more or
less.  There's an Eedora (eeedora?  I've forgotten) and someone else has
it working with FreeBSD.

>From what I've heard here and there (I read it on the Internet, it must
be true) apparently Asus is to thank for Atheros giving MadWifi drivers
to make the Atheros AR5007EG card work with 32 bit systems.  I repeat,
that is from what I've heard here and there, I'm not sure that's the
real reason, and haven't gone to the effort to find out.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: I just talked to Buffy, and yeah, I think she's feeling a
little... insane. No, not bitchy crazy, more like homicidal
maniac crazy. So I told her to come see you, 'kay?