Re: [tlug] Eee PC Japan

I've heard boot-up time is long compared to the Xandros version unless you build a custom kernal. Is this true and did you make a custom kernal?

Thanks
Steve S.

I ended up changing CONCURRENCY=none to: CONCURRENCY=shell in /etc/init.d/rc. This sped thing along quite nicely. The boot up time is not bad and beats my ibook--I haven't seen the Xandros version boot time, but I will gladly take a few more seconds to boot if its the price of being able to add software to my machine.

Dave