Re: [tlug] Apache MPM performance

Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
2008/3/12, Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com>:
Anyway I was going to suggest using sar to collect system stats. It's
available both on Linux and Solaris.
Cool. "vmstat 1" for memory usage and "sar 1 0" for CPU usage. I am
now having two of it running ...

A good tool for gathering system performance numbers (among other things) is Munin (blatant plug, the company I work for did the base development).

Munin is a GPL'ed, plugin based system for measuring almost anything, and somewhat resembling mrtg.

We use it to gather data for several hundred computers we manage for various customers, and I find it really useful.

Standard plugins include vmstat, iostat, cpu, memory, network and things like counting processes, email queues. In addition there are plugins for things like JVM heapspace usage, temperature readings, spam/ham distribution, top-ten-virii etc.

The project web site is http://munin.projects.linpro.no/ and a live demo is available at http://munin.ping.uio.no/

kind regards,
-sig

--
Sigurd Urdahl
Linux, goofing, cooking, making fire, computer security, having a