Re: [tlug] Keitai sessions not persistent?

On 10/03/2008, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:

>  Cookies seem to be both possible and enabled (at least on my phone), but
>  that doesn't seem to be enough to keep a session going. Do cookies get
>  cleared faster than on desktop browsers?

Most Japanese phones do not support cookies. If you register your site
as an official site with DoCoMo, AU, and SoftBank, you'll be able to
use the device ID of the phone, which will be sent in the HTTP request
headers.

Alternatively, you can handle sessions yourself with an URI parameter
that your code passes around.

I am sure Curt et al. will have useful things to add, and of course
you could have a look around http://www.keitai-dev.net/

Cheers,
Josh

--