[tlug] Keitai sessions not persistent?

TLUG,

I'm writing some PHP scripts for a web site that is going to be displayed on mobile phones here in Japan.

What I've noticed is that it seems that sessions either time out really quickly, or maybe don't persist at all. For example, I can log in to the web site, see only whatever is the first page presented when logging in, and then if I click to go anywhere else, I'm logged out again.

Is there something about the way mobile phones handle sessions that is different? Is session handling different among different makes and models?

Cookies seem to be both possible and enabled (at least on my phone), but that doesn't seem to be enough to keep a session going. Do cookies get cleared faster than on desktop browsers?

Most importantly, how can I keep sessions persistent so that users can log in, and I can keep data available from one page to the next?

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G