Re: [tlug] Asus EEE in Japan [C&C]

Josh Glover wrote:
On 27/01/2008, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

As for non-software freedom, I think the idea of replacing the OS on a
PC is kinda revolutionary in a country where I've met people who don't
know that the lid on a toilet tank comes off.

I stashed my bundled copy of Windows 'neath the lid on said toilet tank after reading your email and realising that the lid comes off. Thanks for the tip! ;)

Just an idea, but perhaps some sort of non-profit website could be set up, where fully licensed and legit widows software was given away to those that could use them (for the cost of shipping). If you have something that your never going to use why not give it to somebody who could use it. Not only would this be a goodwill idea, but it would also serve to promote the news of "another option". At the very least it would prevent someone from actually going out and buying windows.