[tlug] Need Linux PDA recommendations

    Johan> I've used a Nintendo DS for my Japanese language studies on
    Johan> the morning train, but there seems to be no good
    Johan> interval-based training vocabulary program available for
    Johan> that computer.

    Johan> An alternative would be Mnemosyne (Python, GTK) on a Linux
    Johan> PDA. Can anyone can recommend a PDA which I can easily
    Johan> install Linux? I would like working WiFi, so Zaurus is out
    Johan> (and they're too expensive - I'm willing to pay about 30-40
    Johan> thousand yen).

You would probably have to install X11 and GTK on the Zaurus for that
to work. I haven't tried it with my Zaurus, but it was possible for
the old Ipaqs with GPE. Have a look at http://www.handhelds.org/ for
supported devices. An alternative may be the Nokia N8x0 Tablets or
even an Asus eeePC and similar MiniPCs like a Sony UX50/UX90
(expensive though). The all come with Linux except for the Sony, but I
am not sure if they all have GTK installed.

Marcus

| mocm@example.com            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodes                 <<<|